[TIP] Tox' recreation behaviour for dependency updates

Eduard Bopp eduard.bopp at aepsil0n.de
Wed Feb 5 09:13:57 PST 2014

Hi there,

Short question about tox: I just added a new package dependency to my
tox.ini and then realized that tox started to recreate all the virtual
environments, which in my case meant recompiling numpy four times (a
somewhat time-consuming task...)

For the future: is there a way to have tox only install the new
dependencies? Because technically it should suffice to do just that. I
could go into the environment obviously and use pip to install it myself
but having tox do that automatically would also be nice.

Best regards,
Eduard Bopp