[TIP] Issue with larger project with subprojects; how to deal with dependencies?

Joe Smith yasumoto7 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 15:14:11 PDT 2014

Not entirely helpful (as it sidesteps your question), but if you use the
pants build tool <http://pantsbuild.github.io/>, it's very well-suited
toward a large monorepo of code. You can specify a suite of python_tests
<http://pantsbuild.github.io/build_dictionary.html#python_tests>, which
will run all the targets that are included as dependencies.

An example is Apache Aurora <http://github.com/apache/incubator-aurora>,
the cluster scheduler used at Twitter. At the top of the repo, you can run
all the tests via:

./pants ./src/test/python:all

You probably don't want to move away from tox, but I figured I'd point out
an alternative if that sounds interesting
<http://pantsbuild.github.io/python-readme.html>.