[TIP] pytest-2.6.1: fixes and expecting exceptions in xfail
holger at merlinux.eu
Thu Aug 7 13:56:50 PDT 2014
pytest-2.6.1: fixes and new xfail marker feature
pytest is a mature Python testing tool with an extensive self-test test suite,
passing on many different interpreters and platforms. The 2.6.1 release
is drop-in compatible to 2.5.2 and actually fixes some regressions
introduced with 2.6.0. It also brings a little feature to the xfail
marker which now recognizes expected exceptions, see the CHANGELOG below.
See docs at:
As usual, you can upgrade from pypi via::
pip install -U pytest
Thanks to all who contributed, among them:
- No longer show line numbers in the --verbose output, the output is now
purely the nodeid. The line number is still shown in failure reports.
Thanks Floris Bruynooghe.
- fix issue437 where assertion rewriting could cause pytest-xdist slaves
to collect different tests. Thanks Bruno Oliveira.
- fix issue555: add "errors" attribute to capture-streams to satisfy
some distutils and possibly other code accessing sys.stdout.errors.
- fix issue547 capsys/capfd also work when output capturing ("-s") is disabled.
- address issue170: allow pytest.mark.xfail(...) to specify expected exceptions via
an optional "raises=EXC" argument where EXC can be a single exception
or a tuple of exception classes. Thanks David Mohr for the complete
- fix integration of pytest with unittest.mock.patch decorator when
it uses the "new" argument. Thanks Nicolas Delaby for test and PR.
- fix issue with detecting conftest files if the arguments contain
"::" node id specifications (copy pasted from "-v" output)
- fix issue544 by only removing "@NUM" at the end of "::" separated parts
and if the part has an ".py" extension
- don't use py.std import helper, rather import things directly.
Thanks Bruno Oliveira.
More information about the testing-in-python