[TIP] Problem collecting coverage for D-Bus activated subprocesses

Gregory P. Smith greg at krypto.org
Tue Aug 5 14:04:07 PDT 2014

This is the point where I tend to pull out strace to see what the processes
are actually doing (a failure to open a file to write coverage data to or
an open of a file in an unexpected place perhaps) but I don't know how easy
it would be for you to make D-Bus launch all child processes via strace -f
and store its output somewhere useful...  (or you could have your early
process start-up code prior to enabling coverage re-exec itself under
strace -f)

-gps