[TIP] pytest: release schedule and yield_fixture status

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Wed Apr 16 04:28:08 PDT 2014

Hi Alexander,

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 09:53 +0200, Alexander Steinert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I consider pytest's yield_fixture a great addition to pytest! Are the any
> plans to change its status from experimental to officially supported? I'd
> like to clean up some amount of test code an would like know if I can count
> on yield_fixture.

I guess we are going to change it to "stable" for 2.6.
Biggest question is if it becomes the new recommended way or
if we stick with the current "request.addfinalizer" as the first
thing a newcomer sees.

> BTW: Regarding pytest 2.6, is it days, weeks or months until it's released?

Hopefully before June but can't promise.  If you can help with fixing
bugs or issues, that accelerates it. FYI We usually do a 4-6 weekly bug day,
announced via https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/pytest-dev .

best,
holger