[TIP] pytest and nose - what's to choose between them?

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Tue Sep 3 01:44:07 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 18:39 +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> On 13/08/2013 19:07, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> That said, as a point of principle, I try and write tests that can
> be run with any runner: nose, zc.testing, unittest2. I think some of
> the features of pytest prevent that being possible which has kept me
> from looking at it...

If you write for the lowest common subset for these runners, i doubt
there is a problem using py.test as a runner.  But i anyway generally
recommend people to rather exploit one runner/framework and its many
useful plugins (in the case of nose/pytest) rather than trying for the
minimal subset.

cheers,
holger