[TIP] unittest or tdd in image processing

Daniel Staple -X (dastaple - BSKYB at Cisco) dastaple at cisco.com
Tue Oct 8 09:39:23 PDT 2013

You could flush out simple logic errors, syntax errors and so on by presenting test images, but checking that things were done and not the output images.

You could also create minimal test images of 4 pixels by 4 pixels (or some similar tiny block), and a result image of the same size - at that size, a simple comparison would work. This may only be appropriate for some image processing. The theory is that for most processes, the result of a given input is deterministic - so go for the simplest possible way to ensure this.