[TIP] pytest, setup.py and custom options

Daniel Farina daniel at heroku.com
Wed Nov 27 12:03:57 PST 2013

Thanks for your help, the examples are useful to give me a better
understanding of what's going on.

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 1:40 AM, Sean Fisk <sean at seanfisk.com> wrote:
> I don’t know if it’s easy to pass-through options specified by the user on
> the command-line, if that’s what you want. You could definitely munge
> sys.argv, but at that point I would not use Setuptools’ test facility and
> just create your own by intercepting control at the beginning of the script.
> In general, I find distutils and Setuptools a little cumbersome in this
> area, which is why I use Paver.

Hmm. sys.argv mangling seems to be nearly working, but I've hit
another problem: I don't seem to be getting py.test to be doing the
right thing with plugins when running in this situation.

I may have to ask the project maintainers about that one.