[TIP] Need guidance(Resending for any response)

Jishnu Banerjee (jbanerje) jbanerje at cisco.com
Thu Nov 21 09:44:51 PST 2013

Any guidance much appreciated.

Regards,
jishnu

From: testing-in-python-bounces at lists.idyll.org [mailto:testing-in-python-bounces at lists.idyll.org] On Behalf Of Jishnu Banerjee (jbanerje)
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2013 12:12 PM
To: testing-in-python at lists.idyll.org
Subject: [TIP] Need guidance

Hi Experts!

I am new to python and looking for some guidance from you folks on how to achieve the following in my test:

  *   Add/remove tap interfaces and associate it to the OpenvSwitch.
  *   Create and delete netlink sockets
  *   Add/remove flows over multiple Netlink sockets simultaneously.
  *   Inject packets in one tap port and measure how many can be punted up to the tool and injected back out another tap port over a given time period.
  *   Traffic of different packet sizes
  *   Setup a flow and do similar test as above to measure performance.
If you can point me to some existing python modules or available open-source tools/code which I can re-use to achieve that would be of great help. Any guidance is really  appreciated
Regards,
jishnu