[TIP] Query on Testify

mani kandan majafriend at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 13:24:01 PDT 2013

Hi John,

Important use cases I am looking for
1. Data driven testing.
2. Retrying failed test - Here instead of waiting till the end of complete
test run. I want to retry a test based on failure reason for certain retry
count. I saw few tools which support rerun failed test cases but that
happens at the end of complete run.
3. Reporter.
4. Grouping.

Before writing some subclass and wrapper to do this, I wan to make sure I
am not reinventing the wheel, if this is already available.

Thanks,
-Mani

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM, John Wong <gokoproject at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you have any particular use case? Based on ur quick description I think
> you are still okay using unittest module and just subclass / build
> wrappers/functions.
>
> I try to stay with most popular tools because you can't always get
> supports from other vendors.
>
> John
>

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Sean Fisk <sean at seanfisk.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mani,
>>
>> I've never used Testify, but the most popular unit testing frameworks in
>> Python are pytest <http://pytest.org/latest/>, nose<https://nose.readthedocs.org/en/latest/>,
>> and the standard library's unittest<http://docs.python.org/library/unittest.html>
>> .
>>
>> I personally use pytest, which has the best documentation of any project
>> I've ever seen.
>>
>> - Sean
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM, mani kandan <majafriend at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am newbie to python. Recently I came to know about the mailing list. I
>>> am in search of a good python test framework. While doing so, I cam across
>>> testify. The wiki provided in https://github.com/Yelp/Testify/wiki is
>>> very minimal. I am looking for some more examples and uses. Can anyone me
>>> point me on same.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>      G.MANIKANDAN

>> --