[TIP] tox/shiningpanda failing to find py32 and py33 on mac: fixed

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Jan 31 13:26:27 PST 2013

Hi All,

On 30/01/2013 23:23, Chris Withers wrote:
> On 30/01/2013 23:10, Chris Withers wrote:
>> http://jenkins.simplistix.co.uk/job/xlrd/3/TOXENV=py32,label=mac/console
>
> Even more perplexing:
>
> MiniMe:0e321e7b jenkins$
> /Users/Shared/Jenkins/Home/shiningpanda/jobs/7dd0339e/tools/bin/python
> -c "import tox; tox.cmdline();" -c tox.ini -e py32
> GLOB sdist-make:

Well, here lies the clue...

ssh'ing in gives me a bash shell, but jenkins itself uses sh.

So, different PATH setups for shells. I guess my Linux node had the
right PATH already, but for the Mac one I just set up a PATH in the
Jenkins environment variable section for that node to be as the bash one
and now all is good :-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk