[TIP] unittest subtests

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Jan 20 05:52:58 PST 2013

On 20 Jan 2013, at 00:07, Chris Jerdonek <chris.jerdonek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just thought I would let this list know about an issue/patch to add a
> sort of parametrized test functionality to unittest called subtests:
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue16997
>
> It would be good to know how the proposed implementation plays with
> the various test frameworks that are out there.

I also wonder how this will work with reporting tools that integrate unittest with Jenkins continuous integration.

It means the total number of tests can't be known up front (parameterization generates testcases at collection time - sub tests creates the tests dynamically). The number of tests could even be different every run.

Michael