[TIP] Difference between functional test and integration test

John Wong gokoproject at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 19:43:38 PST 2013

I am posting the same exact question on Stackexchange:
http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/186523/difference-between-functional-test-and-integration-test
It's more nicely formatted. I have posted on here before on using mock so I
figure I can try here as well (and people on this mailinglist are usually
really really experienced programmers!)

That being said, I really have a hard time differentiating functional test
from integration test.

Sidenote: I understand people use different terms in different organization
(ex. at Google they use small, medium and large instead of unittest, and
integration test), but for most organizations, they enjoy using "standard
terms".

Thanks!

Yeukhon