[TIP] [tox] can a .tar.gz be produced instead of a .zip?

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Fri Feb 1 00:45:09 PST 2013

Hi Chris,

On Fri, Feb 01, 2013 at 07:24 +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> Hi Holger,
>
> On 31/01/2013 08:28, holger krekel wrote:
> >>How can I configure tox to produce .tar.gz sdists instead of .zip?
> >
> >you can't currently.  The packaging step is pretty inflexible, unfortunately.
>
> Are these any plans to change that?

The current tox trunk has an "--installpkg" option which allows to specify
a precise archive to be installed instead of tox performing the packaging step.

I am not sure if tox is the right place to parametrize/instrument the
packaging step itself.  Rather thinking of a different tool for that
(which nicely integrates with tox).

best,
holger