[TIP] Ivoire: A simple BDD framework, or what happens when I have too much time on my hands

Julian Berman julian at grayvines.com
Thu Sep 27 04:41:00 PDT 2012

Hi there.

I asked on the IRC channel two weeks ago or so about RSpec style testing
frameworks, since I was sure I'd seen at least one linked either here or in
the channel, but couldn't find which one that was.

Clearly the only solution was to write one.

It's here:
http://github.com/Julian/Ivoire
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ivoire
pip install ivoire

I've just pushed out v0.1. I don't think I'll be permanently using it to
write all my tests now certainly, but it's a bit cute I guess, especially
not having gotten a chance to use RSpec much myself. It has a few fairly
obvious flaws as well.

Truthfully I'd have like to finish one other major feature (an import hook
that transformed specs into regular unittests, which would have mitigated
some of those flaws at the cost of a few smaller ones) but I've become a
bit busier with some other things and would rather push it out than have it
sit here, so I'll probably get to finishing that later.

Cheers,
Julian