[TIP] [tox] Stale pyc files causing false positive test successes

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Mon Oct 15 07:24:01 PDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 01:44:15PM +0100, andrea crotti wrote:
> I think you have to make sure they are deleted yourself, but maybe an
> even better way would be to remove all the files that are not in the
> repository before running the tests, for example
>
> git clean -xfd && tox
>
> in this way you're sure that some tests are only passing because the
> are files not checked in your working copy..

This could get painful if this wipes away the new file you worked on for
hours and forgot to 'git add' before running the tests.

Marius Gedminas
--
There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to
use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to