[TIP] how to access the test discovery protocol programmatically in pytest

Pella,Chris Chris.Pella at safenet-inc.com
Tue Oct 2 13:29:30 PDT 2012

We are calling pytest.main to run tests from our own home-grown framework.  I understand this is supposed to be an api-less framework, but is there a way to access the equivalent results to running py.test -collectonly other than redirecting the output to a file and reading the file?

Thanks,
Chris

or disclosing it.