[TIP] pytest-2.3.3: integration fixes, py24 suport, */** args shown in traceback
holger at merlinux.eu
Tue Nov 6 06:41:18 PST 2012
pytest-2.3.3: integration fixes, py24 suport, *args shown in traceback
pytest-2.3.3 is a another stabilization release of the py.test tool
which offers uebersimple assertions, scalable fixture mechanisms
and deep customization for testing with Python. Particularly,
this release provides:
- integration fixes and improvements related to flask, numpy, nose,
- makes pytest work on py24 again (yes, people sometimes still need to use it)
- show *,** args in pytest tracebacks
Thanks to Manuel Jacob, Thomas Waldmann, Ronny Pfannschmidt, Pavel Repin
and Andreas Taumoefolau for providing patches and all for the issues.
for general information. To install or upgrade pytest:
pip install -U pytest # or
easy_install -U pytest
Changes between 2.3.2 and 2.3.3
- fix issue214 - parse modules that contain special objects like e. g.
flask's request object which blows up on getattr access if no request
is active. thanks Thomas Waldmann.
- fix issue213 - allow to parametrize with values like numpy arrays that
do not support an __eq__ operator
- fix issue215 - split test_python.org into multiple files
- fix issue148 - @unittest.skip on classes is now recognized and avoids
calling setUpClass/tearDownClass, thanks Pavel Repin
- fix issue209 - reintroduce python2.4 support by depending on newer
pylib which re-introduced statement-finding for pre-AST interpreters
- nose support: only call setup if its a callable, thanks Andrew
- fix issue219 - add py2.4-3.3 classifiers to TROVE list
- in tracebacks *,** arg values are now shown next to normal arguments
(thanks Manuel Jacob)
- fix issue217 - support mock.patch with pytest's fixtures - note that
you need either mock-1.0.1 or the python3.3 builtin unittest.mock.
- fix issue127 - improve documentation for pytest_addoption() and
add a ``config.getoption(name)`` helper function for consistency.
More information about the testing-in-python