[TIP] [tox] Can't install epsilon/axiom dependency

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.cc
Wed May 23 04:58:10 PDT 2012

Hi :)

I'm mostly a happy tox user, but with my latest project using Epsilon/Axiom I've ran into a wall.

I've written up an SSCCE. Do:

git clone git://github.com/lvh/epsilontest.git

And then run tox. I expected it to run the (empty) test suite, instead it fails when installing dependencies like so:

https://gist.github.com/2774827

The final error is:

    from twisted.python import versions
    ImportError: No module named twisted.python

So basically, the installer can't find the other dependency (twisted).

Axiom and Epsilon don't use setuptools, so I had to resolve the dependency manually. I don't actually use epsilon directly myself, I'm only installing it because axiom needs it.

Also, when replacing the tox dependencies with just coverage and twisted (i.e. the tools needed to run the tests) and installing Axiom and Epsilon in the correct order using requirements.txt, it fails too, just differently. Let me know if that failure is also interesting and I'll produce an SSCCE for that, too. It boils down to axiom install failing because it can't import something from epsilon.

cheers
lvh