[TIP] vcr

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 06:02:17 PDT 2012

On 03/27/2012 12:55 PM, Benji York wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 6:48 AM, Benji York<benji at benjiyork.com>  wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 5:31 AM, Andrea Crotti
>> <andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> I just saw this library in action and I think it's great:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/myronmarston/vcr
>>>
>>> is there anything similar also in Python maybe??
>> The Zope community used to use tcpwatch
>> (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/tcpwatch) in a similar way to record
>> functional tests (http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/fdoctests.html).
> Heh.  Now that I've read more carefully I can see that VCR does nothing
> like I thought. :)

What did you think it was doing?

I think it's quite cool because it records the http transactions in yaml
format, and
they can be easily added to the repository to be played again during the
next run of the test.

I wonder if that only works with HTTP or is possible to generalise to
any protocol.. (I don't see why not)