[TIP] TAP support for Python

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 07:39:22 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am working on support for TAP protocol in Python. The current state of
the project is https://gitorious.org/bayeux/pytap (it requires my other
project http://pypi.python.org/pypi/yamlish). The focus of my effort is
to produce TAP stream, I am not that much interested in emulating TAP
Perl API (which I don't like that much anyway).

Aside from an example tool for generating TAP stream from another JSON
file (which is the actual tool I need for my work), I have created also
an attempt to create a shell for unittest2.py to generate TAP stream
instead of whatever unittest produces.

I would be very much interested in any kind of comments, code review,
objections, accussations, or pull requests :)

Thanks,

Matěj

The politician attempts to remedy the evil by increasing the very
thing that caused the evil in the first place: legal plunder.
     -- Frederick Bastiat