[TIP] [Distutils] working with different requirements depending on python version

Chris Jerdonek chris.jerdonek at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 07:49:59 PDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 5:54 AM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:

> The version requirement is "use the latest version of all packages that work with the Python version under test" and the changes I've suggested would mean that on Python 2.6 and 2.7, the latest version of zope.interface wouldn't be used.
>
> What makes this even more "interesting" is that zope.interface isn't a direct requirement of either of these projects, it's a dependency of a dependency in both cases.
>
> How have other people solved this?

This might not be applicable because I haven't used Jenkins or
buildout (but I do use tox).  In cases where I've had different
requirements for different Python versions, I've done the
determination in setup.py.  There I determined the 'install_requires'
argument to setup() differently depending on the Python version.

--Chris