[TIP] [nose] any way to just run tests that failed in the previous run?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Jun 21 03:00:02 PDT 2012

Hi All,

Is there a plugin or some option I'm missing that would let me say
"please just run the tests that failed in the last run?"

The use case I have is making changes to a suite containing around 3300
tests, which takes around 20 mins to run completely. For obvious
reasons, I don't want to run all the tests all the time, but if I make a
systematic change, I do want to make sure they all pass.

The workflow I'd like to use is:

- make change that will affect quite a few tests
- run all tests to see what breaks
- fix breakages
- run only tests that failed
- rinse and repeat
- do one final run of all tests to be safe

Anyone know of anything that'd help?

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk