[TIP] [tox] multiple source dependencies

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Jul 9 12:18:38 PDT 2012

Hi Holger,

On 09/07/2012 20:09, holger krekel wrote:

>>> http://tox.readthedocs.org/en/latest/example/jenkins.html#access-package-artifacts-between-jenkins-jobs
>>
>> I have now, looks like just what I wanted :-)
>>
>> However, I'm paranoidly wondering how I can check that the sdist
>> copied from the other job is actually the one that's used rather
>> than one being downloaded from PyPI?
>
> I can't immediately think of a way to do that, maybe adding an option
> but not sure about exact semantics in more complex settings.

Does Tox do any logging about what sdist it's using for a particular
package? (or whether or not it's being downloaded from an index?)

If not, could it be added?

> Personally, that was the point where i started using my own pypi
> instance (http://pypi.testrun.org).

Yes, but that's not really appropriate here, it's only for certain jobs
I want to use these manufactured sdists, the rest I want to go to PyPI...

(in fact, thinking about this more, it's actually worse than that... I
may *have* to resort to use #git links as I actually want to do some
matrix testing where the axes are:

- python version
- platform
- xlrd/xlwt release (master branch, latest released version, last 0.7.x
version)

> P.S.: Btw, if you have any feedback on my recently sent "tox multi-dimensional
> configuration" draft, that'd help me.

Sorry, I must have missed it, where can I find it?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk