[TIP] [tox] multiple source dependencies

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Mon Jul 9 12:09:17 PDT 2012

Hi Chris,

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 18:40 +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> Hi Holger,
>
> On 09/07/2012 14:45, holger krekel wrote:
> >>I'd like that run to use the sdists built by the xlrd and xlwt jobs,
> >>rather than downloading from PyPI or using git urls. How can I do
> >>that?
> >
> >Did you checkout the docs at:
> >
> >http://tox.readthedocs.org/en/latest/example/jenkins.html#access-package-artifacts-between-jenkins-jobs
>
> I have now, looks like just what I wanted :-)
>
> However, I'm paranoidly wondering how I can check that the sdist
> copied from the other job is actually the one that's used rather
> than one being downloaded from PyPI?

I can't immediately think of a way to do that, maybe adding an option
but not sure about exact semantics in more complex settings.

Personally, that was the point where i started using my own pypi
instance (http://pypi.testrun.org).

best,
holger

P.S.: Btw, if you have any feedback on my recently sent "tox multi-dimensional
configuration" draft, that'd help me.