[TIP] pytest from Python code

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Mon Jul 2 09:04:00 PDT 2012

Hi Dietrich,

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 12:47 +0000, Dietrich Balima wrote:
> I have 2 questions about pytest, I want put result files in a directory by calling pytest from python code directly.
> I have seen there is pytest.main() to do this, but I don't know how.
> This is what I have.
> Test file is here : c:\tests\class_a\mytest.py
> I want put the result files(xml) here : c:\tests\class_a\test-result
> Question 1 (with a class):
> I have this class :
> class ClassATest(object):
>                def test_func1():
>                               assert True
>
>                def test_func2():
>                               assert False
> pytest.main("-qq", plugins=[ClassATest()],['junitxml',' c:\tests\class_a\test-result '])

The "plugins" list is a list of instantiated plugin objects. You don't
need this argument at all, i think.

You rather should create a file with your test code in it and then
run:

    pytest.main(["--junitxml=PATH_TO_RESULT", "-qq", path_to_testfile, ])

If this doesn't work, please send the output that you get and/or a full
example.

best,
holger