[TIP] [tox] KeyError: 'HOMEDRIVE' on Windows

Ronny Pfannschmidt Ronny.Pfannschmidt at gmx.de
Fri Jan 27 04:42:24 PST 2012

On 01/27/2012 12:07 PM, Chris Withers wrote:
> On 27/01/2012 11:03, Ronny Pfannschmidt wrote:
>> its not a tox issue per se, i'd like to know why those env vars are gone
>> under your jenkins+shiningpanda while they seem exist on "normal"
>> jenkins+python script (like we use on testrun.org for example)
>
> As per my previous mail: The Jenkins client was run up by Java Web Start
> and is now run as a windows service in "automatic" mode.
> Maybe such a process doesn't have a HOMEDIR?
seems possible, then tox/pylib need a fallback

>> after that i can decide if/how pylib/tox should be changed wrt getting
>> the HOMEDIR on windows
>
> Why does Tox need a home directory? What does it use it for?

currently it stores build artifacts there for use/reuse

after checking the involved code,
it seems that homedir shouldn't be used in a ci server context
to begin with (homedir makes more sense for local use).

i have a fix in mind that would help with that,
i'll implement after some more discussion with holger.

since you probably dont use homedir substitutions,
you can probably help yourself for the time being by switching the call
to py.path._gethomedir to simply a empty string

-- Ronny