[TIP] [tox] KeyError: 'HOMEDRIVE' on Windows

Ronny Pfannschmidt Ronny.Pfannschmidt at gmx.de
Fri Jan 27 03:03:43 PST 2012

On 01/27/2012 11:42 AM, Chris Withers wrote:
> On 27/01/2012 10:24, Olivier Mansion wrote:
>>
>> 2012/1/27 Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk
>> <mailto:chris at simplistix.co.uk>>
>>
>>     On 27/01/2012 10:15, Ronny Pfannschmidt wrote:
>>
>>         where is C:\Jenkins\shiningpanda\jobs\__8f65ae61\tools\lib\os.py
>>         from
>>         it seems like it is used instead of pythons default os module
>>         an it looks like it keeps some data out of the default env
>> going for
>>         custom information
>>

>>     At a guess, I'd say ShiningPanda, Olivier can confirm..
>>

>> C:\Jenkins\shiningpanda\jobs\__8f65ae61\tools is a virtualenv containing
>> tox.
>
> Ah, so am I right in guessing this is a tox issue too?

its not a tox issue per se, i'd like to know why those env vars are gone
under your jenkins+shiningpanda while they seem exist on "normal"
jenkins+python script (like we use on testrun.org for example)

after that i can decide if/how pylib/tox should be changed wrt getting
the HOMEDIR on windows

-- ronny