[TIP] testing setuptools-related code

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 08:38:56 PST 2012

On 01/20/2012 02:00 PM, Andrea Crotti wrote:

> Interesting thanks, this might be a solution for the other problem,
> instead of using the --multi-version flag I could just create or activate
> virtual environments on demand, the only thing is that it would be
> nice to make it as transparent as possible to the user, which
> might be the only trickly party..

Just on this topic, suppose I want to activate silently virtualenvs if
they exist,
I thought to this possible solution.

- start a python script with the standard python interpreter
- lookup the project virtualenv, and create it if it doesn't exist
- run another subprocess which is actually what I want with the
   virtualenv interpreter, forking or substituting my original process

Makes sense?
Only the last part seems a bit tricky, if I just substitute the
python_executable
at run-time I'm not sure it might be enough..