[TIP] [nose] handling other types of testsuite

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 08:04:58 PST 2012

On 20/01/2012 15:54, jason pellerin wrote:
>> ...so, I was wondering what your thoughts are in terms of dealing with
>> TestSuite-ish objects that aren't generated by nose?
>
> In a few places if you return a bare list of tests instead of a suite,
> you'll automagically get a ContextSuite wrapper, but I'm not sure if
> the place you're returning tests is one of those places. If not, try
> to return a nose ContextSuite if you can. :( A lot of plugin methods
> are triggered in the suite -- many things just won't work at all with
> other kinds of test suites.

Yeah, that's my figuring. I guess I need to work up a SweetWrapper (hur
hur) that mediates between what a ContextSuite provides and what the
wrapped TestSuite provides...

> Or port your plugin to nose2, which doesn't have a custom test suite
> and is happier for it. :)

Is that usable yet? I thought that was dependent on unittest2's plugin
support, which hadn't been implemented or released yet as far as I know...

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk