[TIP] [nose-dev] Re: [nose-users] nose2: the jazz odyssey begins

jason pellerin jpellerin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 06:07:02 PST 2012

2012/1/19 LiuCougar <liucougar at gmail.com>:
> Hi jason,
> I don't see multiprocessing plugin being mentioned in the nose2 doc
> anywhere. is it one of the things which won't be available in nose2? (I
> could not find a list of plugins which can't be ported to nose2)

Hi Heng,

Multiprocessing is not there in nose2 yet but there definitely will be
some kind of test distribution/parallelization plugin. Right now I'm
still thinking about different ways to approach the problem and not
ready to start coding yet. If anything it should be easier with
nose2's plugin system and non-lazy test collection, but "easier" isn't
"easy" ...

The things that won't work in nose2 are basically the ones in nose
that depend on test collection being lazy: weird project layouts where
modules shadow each other, and plugins like the isolation plugin that
assume a test module is imported and run before other test modules are
imported.

JP