[TIP] [nose] handling other types of testsuite

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 02:26:05 PST 2012

Hi Jason,

So, I release the nose_fixes plugin primarily to support projects of
mine that still had test_suite functions in test modules that are called
to return a pre-built TestSuite instance.

This all worked fine, however I noticed that any tests returned from one
of these functions wasn't being included in things like the xunit output.

After a bit of digging, this appears to be because the suites being
returned don't smell like a "nose TestSuite", whatever one of those
might be.

 From reading the comments int the source, it looks like nose's own
doctest plugin may suffer from the same issue...

...so, I was wondering what your thoughts are in terms of dealing with
TestSuite-ish objects that aren't generated by nose?

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk