[TIP] [Distutils] [buildout] windows issue causes jenkins problems

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Jan 9 09:54:30 PST 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The weird process forking stuff that running buildout on windows sometimes
> does causes problems for Jenkins:
>
> http://jenkins.simplistix.co.uk/job/testfixtures-buildout/32/PYTHON=2.6,label=windows/console
>
> Is there any way I can cause this not to happen?

I don't remember the details and I don't have time to look right now,
but it has something to do with Windows not letting you remove or
move open files.

You could try coming up with an alternate bootstrap that takes a different
approach.

Another idea is to keep a buildout to the side and use that to bootstrap
the buildouts your doing while testing.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton