[TIP] [tox] multiple overlapping axis with Jenkins (Chris Withers)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sun Jan 8 09:34:24 PST 2012

On 08/01/2012 17:28, Olivier Mansion wrote:

>> Also, for Olivier, any idea when a ShiningPanda release featuring:
>>
>> - the TOXENV pattern
>> - a build step like the old python build steps
>> - cross-plaform (ie: windows) support for environment variables in the Python Builder and Custom Python Builder?
>>
>> ...will be out?
>
> The TOXENV pattern is already implemented so it will be available in
> the next release, probably this week or the next one.

Cool, sooner the better :-) Please let me know as soon as you've
released and I'll give it some testing!

> For a Python and XShell "Command" field on the builders, this will
> come with the W$ support on shiningpanda.com, hopefully before the
> PyCon US.

Okay, in the meantime I have a workaround:

https://github.com/Simplistix/testfixtures/commit/bc42d66a74067663f251aac7b340e65715d8f6f2

I then put "./jenkins" in the Python builder command field, which works
on both Windows, Linux and Mac:

http://jenkins.simplistix.co.uk/job/testfixtures-buildout/

...just a shame that Buildout on Windows is kinda broken :-/

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk