[TIP] [tox] multiple overlapping axis with Jenkins (Chris Withers)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sun Jan 8 00:36:17 PST 2012

On 06/01/2012 09:15, Olivier Mansion wrote:
>>> My ideal world would be for Tox to use the Pythons I set up for
>>> ShiningPanda, since each version of python lives in a different
>>> place on each of the OS (Linux, Win, Mac) that I want to test
>>> against...
>
> The "Tox Builder" add all the Python installations declared in "Manage
> Jenkins>  Configure System>  Python" in the PATH. So Tox is able to
> find these installations following the process that Holger described
> in his mail.
>
> +1 for the TOX_HOSTFILE

Cool, any idea when a release of Tox that supports this could be out?

Also, for Olivier, any idea when a ShiningPanda release featuring:

- the TOXENV pattern
- a build step like the old python build steps
- cross-plaform (ie: windows) support for environment variables in the
Python Builder and Custom Python Builder?

...will be out?

All very exciting :-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk