[TIP] [tox] multiple overlapping axis with Jenkins (Chris Withers)

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Wed Jan 4 23:43:30 PST 2012

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 22:29 +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> >I just added a "TOXENV pattern" field on the Tox Builder of the
> >ShiningPanda plugin for Jenkins.
> >
> >I think this should do the job:
> >
> >http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6834701/ShiningPanda-plugin-toxenvPattern.png
>
> This looks excellent!
>
> However (and this may just be my lack of detailed tox knowledge),
> how do I tell tox where to find the Python I want to to use for a
> particular INTERPRETER from your example?

those are auto-discovered at the moment:

* on windows the default is c:\\PythonXYZ\python.exe
* on posix the PATH variable is used to try find pythonX.Y

Additionally there are plans to suport a host-specific settings
file which could specify the full path independently of the cross-platform
tox.ini file.

HTH,
holger