[TIP] revisiting tox variants/multi-dimensional configuration

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Sat Dec 22 13:14:56 PST 2012

Hi all,

there are several tox (the generic python test tool) enhancements i'd
like to address next year.  I've just written down my current thoughts
on reaching these goals::

- allow to more easily define and run dependency and interpreter
  variants with testenvs

- allow to specify platforms against which tests should run

- allow platform-specific settings

- allow to run installer-variants (easy_install or pip)

The draft html doc explaining the proposed syntax is here:

    http://testrun.org/tox/latest/config-v2.html

You can find the source on bitbucket, namely:

    http://bitbucket.org/hpk42/tox/doc/config-v2.txt

Obviously implementing this draft will take some effort.
I am naturally open to reviews, co-hacking or sponsoring.

best & a happy few last days of this year!
holger