[TIP] patch automatically functions in external library

andrea crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 08:18:57 PDT 2012

I have one "common" project that contains a lot of code which is useful
from more different projects.

All projects have (hopefully) unit tests, but what I'm worried about now
is that changing a function signature in *common* might make break
something somewhere else.

This is a common problem I guess, and I could use something like pylint
maybe..

But even better, if I'm able to
- automatically mock every "common" import, using as a spec the real one
- check that every function call has the right arguments

it would be even better I think..
Is that possible or is there another better way?