[TIP] examples of py.test funcargs

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 01:04:59 PDT 2012

Hi,

I work at the Bureau of Meteorology in Australia on a reasonable sized
Python application, and we are happy users of py.test as our testing
library. In a week or so I am going to be giving a talk at the PyCon
AU conference about py.test and focusing on funcargs in particular. I
was hoping to have some cool examples of it in use from open source
projects as well as our own project.

However I went through the list of projects at
http://pytest.org/latest/projects.html#projects and to my surprise
only a handful of them had tests using any funcargs at all. These were
Holger's projects, the mwlib library, Circuits framework and two
projects by Ali Afshar. Oh and the Mozilla webQA. Most projects have
their tests in the xUnit class style.

So, I was wondering if the folks here have any examples of interesting
funcargs from their own projects or other projects they know about
with source code online, that they would be interested in sharing.

cheers,
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/