[TIP] [tox] question re: shared test environment settings

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Sat Apr 14 15:49:13 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 23:38 -0700, Chris Jerdonek wrote:
> When using tox, if multiple test environments (e.g. py24, py25, and
> py26) should share the same test environment settings, is there a way
> to have them share the same settings other than cutting and pasting
> the same settings into three different sections of the INI?
>
> I know that I could make those settings the defaults, but then I would
> have the same issue for py27, py31, and py32, etc.

in the upcoming tox-1.4 version there is support for referencing
values across sections, see:

    http://tox.testrun.org/latest/config.html#substition-for-values-from-other-sections

You can install the current candidate with

    pip install -i http://pypi.testrun.org -U tox

if you want to try use this feature.

best,
holger