[TIP] Testing asynchronous method

Pere Martir pere.martir4 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 10:30:17 PDT 2011

I've just tried to implement my test with tornado.testing and Twisted
Trial but I had no luck.

It seems to me that these frameworks cannot be used in the "general
context". They are only designed to test the applications built with
_that_ framework.

For example, it seems to me that my failure to tornado.testing is due
to that my code doesn't use its "ioloop". I have no idea how to use
Twisted Trial without changing my code.

Using these testing tools implies that you have to write your code in
_their_ (framework) way.

Beside, they makes the unit tests of my programs much more verbose.
The unit tests are live documents of my library, and I want to keep it
as concise as possible.