[TIP] Tasting the Cheeseshop

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Mon Oct 17 22:55:25 PDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 17:30 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Oct 15, 2011, at 05:03 AM, holger krekel wrote:
> >FWIW i am happy to share moving tox forward with other authors - Michael
> >Foord has expressed interest there as well in the past and Kumar (nose
> >maintainer) gave a talk about it at last PyCon.  I'd be glad if tox
> >evolved to introduce a test running standard finally merging with setup.cfg.
>
> Cool.  We have plenty of time to plan for Pycon 2012 sprints. :)

I'll do my best to make it there and agree this is a good place :)

I think it makes most sense to avoid relying on setup.py - with
tox you can have "python setup.py test" as your test command which
works fine.   If we want to test pypi packages that don't
have a tox.ini (or setup.cfg) then we could try heuristics to
create tox.ini files like "python setup.py test" and generate
test environments based on the TROVE identifiers (python/python3).

best,
holger