[TIP] plguins for unittest2?

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Oct 16 06:48:22 PDT 2011

On 15 Oct 2011, at 10:57, Chris Withers wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> So, I'm looking for a new testrunner.
>
> - zope.testrunner doesn't support much beyond working well with buildout, that I like
>
> - nose is annoying (hiding stdout by default, discovers way too many tests and doesn't respect test-suite providing functions) but does have plugins (I *really* want junit xml and cobertura xml output as I *really* want to use Jenkins)
>
> - I don't know other test runners and want to use something "standard"
>
> So, I thought I should use unittest2 and it's "discover"... But before that, I need to know if it's possible to get junit xml and cobertura xml out of it. Looks like the answer's no, which is fine, I'd be up for writing plugins to do that... but there lies the rub.
>
> How do I write plugins for unittest2?
>
> I see:
>
> http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/weblog/arch_d7_2010_07_24.shtml
>
> ...but it doesn't look like that's made it into a release.

Hello Chris,

Work on the plugins branch of unittest2 has stalled, but will resume someday. I'm currently working on some unittest changes / bugfixes for unittest and need to do a new unittest2 release.

Writing a thin wrapper over unittest2 discovery that uses pyjunitxml should be very easy (see the unit2 script included in unittest2):

	https://launchpad.net/pyjunitxml

All the best,

Michael Foord

--