[TIP] Tasting the Cheeseshop

Alfredo Deza alfredodeza at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 05:55:31 PDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> +1 overall and:
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 7:41 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
>>  * setuptools or distribute is required.  I don't think the standard distutils
>>   API supports the `test_suite` key.
>
> Yup.  Also, don't forget extra requirements needed by tests.

May I add that it would be ideal that however it is that this process
executes tests it provides a way that package authors
can use the same tools/processes to run them locally?

One thing that would be annoying is this tester reporting failing
tests and you are unable to replicate, or unable to fix properly
because it may be a unique failure on the environment where it is
being executed.

If for example we assume that tox would be in charge of this task then
this would solve that problem, because it would allow the dev to run
the
same commands locally and provide fixes right away.