[TIP] Testing Django with py.test

Brent Hoover brent at autoshepherd.com
Tue Nov 1 13:04:42 PDT 2011

On 11/01/2011 12:55 PM, Brack, Laurent P. wrote:

> Not sure if this helps, but if I am not mistaken, Django (which I am
> not familiar with) uses
> buildout.

Django does not use buildout. I believe the Django dev team does use
buildout for their CI server, but it's no in any way part of the
standard set up and I don't know a lot of Django people who are. Also, I
don't use it either as virtualenv and a pip requirements.txt gives me
everything I need. Not against using whatever is required to get a good
environment, but seems like an awful large amount of ramp-up to just
have a couple hooks. Though it would probably have other advantages I am
not aware of.