[TIP] secondary testing tools

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Fri May 6 10:50:43 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> wrote:
> Why not “make test”?  Check, lint and test are different actions in my mind:
> test runs the test suite, lint runs code checking tools, and check verifies
> the packaging (it’s a distutils command provided in Python 2.7 and 3.x).

I don't know what you think "make check" implies other than running
the tests, but...

GNUish tradition at least is that "make check" runs the tests.  Though
I suspect Guido prefers "make test", since he added that target.

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at acm.org>
"Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities."