[TIP] testing: why bother?

Alfredo Deza alfredodeza at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 06:06:44 PDT 2011

Hi list,

I am about to give a presentation about testing in a couple of days and the
audience is in its majority a
"we do not write tests" one :(

If you had to name the single most important reason why you need to write
tests (or keep up with them) what
would that reason be?

You can reply with multiple ones, but I am interested in the one you think
is *the* mot important one.

One thing to consider though is to think about the problem from their
perspective: "Why do I need to write tests?"
I want to make a dent in that crippled thinking!

I also posted the question in Convore but not everybody is in there, plus I
know that I get the best quality
testing-related answers here :)

Any feedback is *greatly* appreciated!

-Alfredo