[TIP] skipped testcases not reported in JUnit XML

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sat Mar 19 17:21:36 PDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 1:18 PM, holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> wrote:
>> Do you mean as a dialect of junit's xml representation, or a totally
>> different thing? If the former, I'd be extremely happy to make my
>> junitxml module reusable by any python test tool that wants to output
>> (or parse, though there isn't a parser in it today) such a dialect.
>> Its already reusable by anything that speaks to unittest.TestResult
>> (or the enhanced testtools.TestResult contract) - but there are
>> probably things we can do to make it easier for py.test and other non
>> unittest test frameworks to reuse the code (rather than embedding your
>> own emitter into py.test).
>
> Do you have a description/spec for the XML you produce?
> Not sure sharing code is worth the effort.

No, but I can add one happily. Its basically 'what I've seen java produce'.

>> If you meant the latter, let me suggest subunit :)
>
> I indeed meant making Jenkins use / show the information
> which probably means touching and writing Java code :)

the easiest thing for jenkins is to use the java junit xml - extend it
tastefully as needed, and we can tweak the jenkins junit model as
needed. I need to update my jenkins tree though, I haven't touched it
since the git migration.