[TIP] skipped testcases not reported in JUnit XML

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sat Mar 19 13:22:39 PDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 8:57 AM, holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> wrote:

> Heh, I wouldn't mind a python testing related standard - the java related
> junitxml stuff is too minimal IMO.  And then get someone to improve
> Jenkins to use the information.

Do you mean as a dialect of junit's xml representation, or a totally
different thing? If the former, I'd be extremely happy to make my
junitxml module reusable by any python test tool that wants to output
(or parse, though there isn't a parser in it today) such a dialect.
Its already reusable by anything that speaks to unittest.TestResult
(or the enhanced testtools.TestResult contract) - but there are
probably things we can do to make it easier for py.test and other non
unittest test frameworks to reuse the code (rather than embedding your
own emitter into py.test).

If you meant the latter, let me suggest subunit :)

-Rob