[TIP] py.test plugins specified with -h are not loaded with xdist

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Tue Mar 15 12:51:10 PDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 15:42 -0400, Yoann Roman wrote:
> I have a custom py.test plugin in a package. When I load it with
> py.test -h package.plugin, it loads fine. When I use py.test -h
> package.plugin -n 4, the main session loads it, but the plugin isn't
> loaded by the separate 4 processes running the tests.

Hum, never tried to run the help option distributedly :)

Or do you rather mean "py.test -p package.plugin"?

If so then it would be a bug if it doesn't work.  It'd
be nice if you include a trace / example trace to the issue
https://bitbucket.org/hpk42/pytest/issue/34

> Is that expected behavior? Is using a conftest.py file the only way to
> get a project-specific plugin loaded?

it's kind of the default way.  But in principle you should be able
to also specify a module with "-p" and to also add it to
the "addopts" option in the .ini file.

best,
holger